SEARCH UX / IT JOBS
Submit Your Resume
Call: 210-614-4198 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: San Antonio
Database Administrator/Developer| San Antonio, TX | FTE | SECURITY+, SQL, HTML, .Net, Java, VBA| Great Opportunity! | Apply Today!
Bestica is searching for a Database Administrator/ Developer with experience in multiple level enterprises and architecture experience. Preferred experience in healthcare data in MHS.
The Surgery Scheduling System (S3) provides the Tri-Service with a web-based, automated surgical scheduling system. It provides standardization of Operating Room (OR) scheduling and reporting processes, and allows the tri-service to collect enterprise-wide metrics on OR efficiency. S3 is currently in use by US Army, US Navy and US Air Force Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs). The Agency provides full life cycle management support for information systems and services. This support spans all phases of the acquisition lifecycle, from requirements assessment through operations and support. This position provides programming support, technical support, and customer support.
May be required to travel CONUS and within the NCR during the performance of this contract to attend meetings, conferences, and training. May be required to travel to off-site training locations and to ship training aids to these locations.
Critical Sensitive Position
• Responsible for the development and administration of MHS IS/network security programs and has the direction and control of risk analysis and/or threat assessment.
• Significant involvement in life-critical or mission-critical systems.
• Responsibility for the preparation or approval of data for input into a system, which does not necessarily involve personal access to the system, but with relatively high risk for effecting severe damage to persons, properties or systems, or realizing significant personal gain.
• Relatively high risk assignments associated with or directly involving the accounting, disbursement, authorization for disbursement from systems.
• Positions involving major responsibility for the direction, planning, design, testing, maintenance, operation, monitoring, and/or management of systems hardware and software
Operation and management of S3 systems or system components at Defense Health Agency, Army, Navy and Air Force Operational Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs) sites. This shall include but is not limited to: administration, software, database and operating system updates/patches.
• Create and update required technical system documentation, i.e., Test Plans. Provide technical support for testing and release of the software updates and upgrades, as needed. Document and control all code changes within three days using government-supplied software.
• Provide technical support for S3 and the interface software.
• Assist in troubleshooting and resolution of software, data, and performance or configuration issues in a production environment. This troubleshooting includes but is not limited to the following:
• Operating system configuration, web server configuration, database configuration, analysis of data anomalies, performance tuning of application and database systems, and identification of software defects and documentation of corrective action.
• Maintain source code, software change request (SCR) process, tier III production support, and all testing phases. Provide configuration item control by maintaining versioning for software and documentation.
• Establish and maintain technical data and associated documentation, and design Interface Control Document(s) (ICDs) when applicable.
• Develop, update and maintain release notes, build files, executable and configuration files, and source code documentation.
• Verify data is transferred from S3 sites to the S3 DataCenter in accordance with SOPs, Service Level Agreements, and other government directions and agreements. Analyze and recommend solutions for identified problems using S3 technical team processes, policies, and best practices.
• Participate and support the S3 Community of Practice (COP) and Configuration Control Board (CCB) with required documentation and/or materials as requested.
Minimum of 5 years experience
Must have active Security+
S3 ColdFusion and Structure Query Language (SQL) database querying language
S3 System Administration
S3 Testing Support S3 Technical Documentation Support
S3 Service Call Support
Current Programming Support Computing Environment (CE) Certifications and Elevated Network Privileges
High level of initiative and self-motivation, and ability to identify and resolve problems within a very short time frame using resources such as the internet, self-provided technical manuals, and other resources.
Must communicate effectively, in both verbal and written form.
US citizenship and eligibility for a Secret security clearance.
Time is of essence, so email your resume to email@example.com today! If you feel this job is not the one for you, kindly pass this information along to other Database Administrator/ Developer professionals within your network. Visit Bestica’s career page to view the latest UX opportunities nationwide: http://www.bestica.com/JobSeekers/UxJobs
Bestica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
Copyright © 2012 Bestica Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Contact US | Site Map | NewsRoom | Feedback
| Blogs | Forum